There are times when checklists come in really handy, and I think this month is one of those times. We all have a lot on our plate, so I have kept this checklist brief, but practical.
1. Wage Subsidy Key Dates & Actions
- The application date for the current wage subsidy ends 9 June.
- If you qualify for the Wage Subsidy Extension payment (8-week payment), you can apply for this after 9 June.
- Refund MSD if you didn’t have a revenue loss of 30% or you made people redundant during the wage subsidy period.
- Advise MSD if employees resigned during the wage subsidy period.
- Do you have an employee on ACC? Remember to send details to ACC each time a subsidy payment is made. If ACC are paying your employee and you have suspended wage subsidy payments for the employee, you need to refund MSD.
2. Triangular Employment Change – 27 June
- The Employment Relations (Triangular Employment) Amendment Act 2019 comes into force on 27 June 2020.
- We will be running a 45 minute Zoom webinar on the scenarios it applies to, what the implications are, and some best practice guidelines for managing 3rd party staff in your workplace.
Webinar date: 18 June 2020, 11am
Webinar fee: $25 + GST
To book: email firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Paid Parental Leave – Increase 1 July
- Increases to 26 weeks from 1 July 2020.
- The change doesn’t require employers to provide any additional leave. It might provide more certainty for employers about the length of time you need to fill the role, given the likelihood that more parents may take at least 26 weeks if the majority of the leave is paid. Employees can still request an additional six months of unpaid parental leave.
4. Don’t forget to document
- Have your terms changed, even if it’s only for an interim period? e.g. a 4 day week, etc.? You need to document the changes you have made as a result of COVID-19.
- Update or document any new policies for the way you now work as a result of COVID-19 e.g. health & safety, working from home, etc.
If you have any questions, give us a call (07 823 3250) or send us an email (email@example.com).