There is no doubt about it, most of us have been impacted in some way or other with Covid-19, whether you’re in a business where it’s back to work this week, in an industry that will be facing challenges for some time yet, or perhaps somewhere in the middle.
Over the last few weeks I have had the privilege of being involved in co-facilitating a number of webinars – from both an HR and a payroll perspective. Our most recent webinar was hosted through the Cambridge Business Chamber with panellists covering these four areas of business: strategy, marketing, finance and of course HR.
The focus of the webinar was preparing for the “new normal”. It’s this concept that I want to talk about a bit more and pose these questions:
• Have you started to think about the future for you and your team?
• Do you have a staffing plan for the next few weeks?
• Do you need to make changes? What do you think those changes might encompass?
• Can you share the load across the team when you are making changes?
Whether you’re thriving, holding steady, surviving or drowning as a business, these are critical questions you need to ask. For each of these four business scenarios, we’ve put some points together on four key HR areas that you might want to consider.
1. Staffing – gearing up or down
2. Recruitment – creating capacity or no immediate change
3. Remuneration – increasing or in a holding pattern
4. Documentation – updating employment terms and conditions whether they are temporary or more permanent
The panel’s handout provides some great points to consider across each of our specialist fields. For a copy of the handout please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact information for each of our panellists is included in the handout.
On a sadder note, we know that some of our clients are going to need to make changes in their team structure and how they work – changes which won’t be easy or pleasant to make. We’d like you to know that we’re here to support and guide you, so please pick up the phone and have a chat on 07 823 3250 before you embark on the change journey.