Vacancy Managed By People in Mind
Our client is a leading aged care provider in the South Waikato district. They provide a homely and caring environment for their residents as well as delivering a professional care service.
We have an opportunity for an experienced Property and Support Services Manager to take the lead on all aspects of property and facilities management. This is a growth role designed to place our client in a great position to future-proof their business.
You will be a driven self-starter with plenty of initiative and foresight. You’ll need to have high levels of resident support and care as well as being able to effectively support and develop your team. You will not be afraid to lead from the front if the situation demands and get involved practically to solve issues.
What are you responsible for?
- Providing outstanding team leadership
- Assessing and managing the immediate maintenance needs
- Ensuring a proactive property and preventative maintenance programme is in place
- Coordinating contractors and liaising with key stakeholders
- Providing valuable input into the decisions with regards to facility improvements and development
- Actively contributing to the Senior Leadership Team
- Acting for General Manager in their absence
You will need to bring
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in facilities, maintenance or property management
- A good understanding of technical aspects of building, plumbing, electrical systems, etc.
- Experience in developing and implementing a building & maintenance programme
- Sound experience in writing business cases
- Prior leadership experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A pragmatic approach and practical problem-solving skills and effective decision-making experience
- A working understanding of health and safety
If being part of a team focused on making a difference for residents, their families, and staff resonates with you, please call us on 07 823 3250 for a confidential chat or apply online today!
To apply for this job please visit recruit.chillifactor.co.nz.