Vacancy Managed By People in Mind
Are you a proactive and mechanically minded individual? Does the thought of being able to apply your broad maintenance skill set motivate you? Perhaps you’re after a role where no two days are the same and where you can make a real difference to the lives of older people?
Our client is a community-owned organisation, based in Putaruru. They provide support and tailored care to older members of the South Waikato community, and they are looking for a Maintenance Assistant to join the team and support the maintenance programme.
As one of their respected and skilled Maintenance Assistants, your typical week may include:
- Maintenance and light repairs of buildings, fixtures, and fittings
- Assembling furniture, easing and adjusting windows, replacing handles and similar hardware
- Basic plumbing duties including fixing taps and unblocking toilets
- General painting and decorating
- Gardening assistance including sweeping leaves, removing fallen branches, watering plants and weeding
To be a front runner for this role you’ll need to have the following:
- A proven work background in general DIY and maintenance
- A base understanding of carpentry, electrical and plumbing
- A resident-focused approach
- A current and full NZ driver’s licence
- Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills
- A good level of fitness
This is a full-time role, working Monday to Friday.
If this sounds like an opportunity for you then call the team at People in Mind on 07 823 3250 with any questions you have or apply online now.
To apply for this job please visit recruit.chillifactor.co.nz.