Website Rangiura Retirement Village and Care Home
About the role | He Korero Mō te tūranga
As a Maintenance Assistant/Technician your typical week is spent supporting the overall maintenance plan and handling any unscheduled maintenance requests, including:
- Maintenance and light repairs of buildings, fixtures, and fittings
- Assembling furniture, easing and adjusting windows, replacing handles and similar hardware
- Basic plumbing duties including fixing taps and unblocking toilets
- General painting and decorating
- Operation and maintenance of equipment and machinery.
This is a full-time role working 40 hours per week, ideally Monday to Friday. There is a requirement to be on-call, expected to be 1 week in every 3 or 4 weeks.
About you | He Kōrero mōu
To be a front runner for this role you’ll need to have the following:
- A proven work background in general DIY and maintenance
- A good understanding of carpentry, electrical and plumbing
- Initiative and a proactive approach
- Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills
- A good level of fitness
- A resident-focused approach – friendly and professional
- A current and full NZ driver’s licence.
About our client | Mō to taatau kiritaki
Rangiura Retirement Village & Care Home is a community-owned residential care organisation, based in Putaruru. They provide support and tailored care to older members of the South Waikato community.
Their facility comprises of both a care home and hospital as well as a retirement village offering independent living for residents.
The team are looking for a Maintenance Assistant/Technician to join them and ensure Rangiura’s facilities are looking and operating at their best.
How to apply | Me pēhea te tuku tono
If this sounds like an opportunity for you then apply online now! If you have any questions at all, please call Michelle or LesleyAnn at People in Mind on 07 823 3250.