Vacancy Managed by People in Mind
Part time opportunity for a keen kitchen hand.
Our client is a community-owned organisation who provides dedicated support and tailored care to elderly members of its community, and they are looking for an enthusiastic kitchen hand to join their hardworking kitchen team on a permanent part time basis.
The position works 2.30pm to 9pm on a rotational 4 days on, 4 days off shift pattern with the opportunity to pick up a few more shifts here and there if desired.
What will be some of my responsibilities in this role?
- Assist cooks with the preparation and cooking of nutritious meals, helping to produce up to 130 meals per day
- Rotating and covering stored food
- Helping to put away food deliveries
- Washing and cleaning utensils and dishes
- Cleaning benches, floors, and other kitchen areas
- Implementing food hygiene and health & safety regulations
To be shortlisted for this role we are looking for a kitchen hand with:
- (Ideally) some experience working as a kitchen hand in a bulk cooking context
- Excellent organisational skills and reliability
- A bubbly personality with a positive attitude
- An ability to lift up to 15kgs and stand on your feet for long periods
- Flexibility to work weekends and public holidays
- Full Covid-19 vaccination as the business is covered by the vaccination mandate.
If you’re interested in this rewarding opportunity, then call the team at People in Mind on 07 823 3250 with any questions you have or apply online now.