Vacancy Managed by People in Mind
Our client is based in Putaruru and is a community-owned organisation that provides support and tailored care to the elderly. Due to a period of growth, they are looking for an energetic kitchen all-rounder to help in their main kitchen and café in a part time capacity.
The role is full of variety and involves:
– Assisting cooks with meal preparation
– Baking and cooking cabinetry food
– Making tea and coffee
– Washing dishes
– Clearing and cleaning tables
– Working the till
– Managing stock
– Meeting and greeting elderly residents and their families
The ideal candidate will have:
– Quantity cooking experience as a kitchen hand, kitchen assistant or cook in a kitchen and/ or café environment
– High standards of cleanliness
– Excellent knowledge of food and hygiene regulation (preferred)
– An ability to relate to a wide range of people, especially the elderly and their families
– An agile and flexible approach to the way you work
– Able to work weekends and public holidays as rostered
The finer details
The role is approximately 20 hours per week and the hours are rostered. The main kitchen is open from 6am to 9pm and the café from 9am to 3pm so you could be working on a shift anytime between these hours.
This position is perfect for a foodie candidate who enjoys variety and being kept busy. To find out more please call the team at People in Mind on 07 823 3250 or apply online now.
To apply for this job please visit recruit.chillifactor.co.nz.