Cambridge Medical Centre
Cambridge is a hub for innovative and high performance across many sectors – technology, agriculture, sporting and equestrian. Cambridge Medical Centre is one of the largest medical centres in Cambridge with a diverse and varied patient database with excellent nursing and administration support. They have an eye on the future of how best to meet the needs of our community and work with a stable team of care professionals.
We are looking for a Clinical Pharmacist to join our expanding team in a newly created role. The primary purpose is to support GPs and the wider clinical team to optimise patient outcomes through medication reviews and reconciliations, prescribing and to support practice system enhancements through quality improvement audits.
Key responsibilities include:
- Positively impacting medication management in primary care
- Supporting general practice teams with accurate advice on medication related issues
- Leading and supporting continuous quality improvement processes as they relate to prescribing
- Building positive links with community pharmacy, and between primary and secondary care clinicians
To apply for the role you must have the following:
- Registration as a Pharmacist with the Pharmacy Council of New Zealand
- A relevant clinical post-graduate qualification
- Appropriate qualification in prescribing or being prepared to complete the qualification
- Demonstrated New Zealand experience in general pharmaceutical knowledge with a focus on the management of long term conditions
- Exceptional clinical knowledge
- Skills in research, interpretation and provision of medicine information
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
A working understanding of general practice and the primary care health environment will be an asset as will the following skills and attributes:
- An understanding of population level and equity approaches to healthcare
- Effective presentation, verbal and written communication ability
- Excellent interpersonal and facilitation skills
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with other members of a multidisciplinary team
- A flexible working style
Cambridge Medical Centre offers great collegial support with an emphasis on sharing knowledge. This role is a minimum 0.8 FTE, preferably full-time starting in January 2021.
To view the job description for this role, please click here. If you would like to have a confidential discussion or register your expression of interest prior to application please contact our HR Advisor, LesleyAnn Thomas, on 07 823 3250, apply online or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close at 5.00 pm on Thursday 10 December 2020 however an appointment may be made prior to this date.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com