Vacancy Managed by People In Mind
Our client is a community owned-organisation who provides dedicated support and tailored care to older members of its community and is looking for an experienced 2IC cook/ chef to join their hardworking kitchen team on a permanent basis.
The position works on a roster of 4 days on and 2 days off with rotating morning and afternoon shifts.
What is expected of me in this role?
- Assist in the running of the kitchen delivering a nutritious programme of meals
- Ensure all food hygiene standards are adhered to and food control plans are followed
- Cater to individual resident dietary requirements
- Ensure meals are presented to a high standard
- Ensure the residents’ privacy and confidentiality is respected
- Ordering of product and supplies to keep the kitchen running like a well-oiled machine
- Maintain a high standard of presentation
- Work within health and safety guidelines to ensure a safe environment for residents and staff, reporting hazards where appropriate
- You’ll also need to be able to confidently step into the Head Chef’s shoes when they’re on leave to assist with managing staff and rosters
To be shortlisted for this role we are looking for cooks/ chefs with
- (Ideally) 2+ years’ experience working as a cook/ chef in an elderly care facility or in quantity cooking
- A working knowledge of food control plan requirements
- Good organisational skills and reliability
- A bubbly personality with a positive attitude
- Experience with managing staff and rosters would be a bonus
- A good sense of personal presentation
- Full Covid-19 vaccination is required as the business is covered by the vaccination mandate
If you’re interested in this fantastic opportunity, then call the team at People in Mind on 07 823 3250 with any questions you have or apply online now.
To apply for this job please visit recruit.chillifactor.co.nz.